The 2020 Grand Slam for a Cure!
Support the Brain Institute of America Foundation’s goal to fuel innovative brain cancer research programs!
Glioblastoma (GBM) is not only a deadly oncological malignancy, it is a debilitating disease that causes socio-economic hardship and emotional pain amongst the family members and friends caring for that individual. However, these challenges are not restricted to those with GBM. In 2020, approximately 1 in 4 Americans will be diagnosed with one of over 1,000 different brain-specific illnesses (BSI’s). What does this mean for you and your family?
The Brain Institute of America Foundation operates as science advocates by providing individuals with the relevant information to overcome the specific challenges related to each BSI.
Today we are funding programs that support innovative solutions to those suffering from glioblastoma multiforme because:
– An estimated 88,000 individuals will receive a primary brain tumor diagnosis in 2020
– An estimated 18,000 people will pass from some form of malignant brain tumor (brain cancer) in 2020
– Glioblastoma is the most common primary malignant brain tumor
– The five-year survival for malignant brain tumors including glioblastoma, is only 6.8%
Help us reach our goal to make a difference!
* Groupmatics site is now live! Here is the direct link: Let End This!
Event day details:
Saturday, May 9th, 2020
Game starts at 6:10pm, yet the gates open at 4:30pm
PORTLAND SEA DOGS (BOSTON RED SOX)
HARTFORD YARD GOATS (COLORADO ROCKIES)
*Interview with founder
* Fireworks display
You must present a valid photo ID such as driver’s license when claiming your ticket at the will call booth. Also inform the staff that you are part of the team, and present to support the foundation.
From the West: Take 84 East to Exit 50 (Main Street). Take Exit 50 toward Main St. Use the left lane to merge onto Chapel St S. Turn left onto Trumbull St. Use the middle lane to turn left onto Main St.
From the East: Take 84 West to Exit 50 (US-44 W/Morgan Street). Follow I-91 S/Main St. Take a slight right onto Main St.
From the North: Take 91 South to Exit 32A – 32B (Trumbull St). Continue straight onto Trumbull St.
From the South: Take 91 North to Exit 32A – 32B (Market St). Use the left lane to take Exit 32A-32B for Trumbull St. Continue straight onto Trumbull St.
* From Groton/New London: Take I-95 south to RT 9 northbound. Then take I-91 North to Exit 32A – 32B (Market St). Use the left lane to take Exit 32A-32B for Trumbull St. Continue straight onto Trumbull St. Look for signs for parking along that route.
Funding percentage goal –